Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
For years, the experienced bankruptcy attorneys at Brock & Stout have been providing the communities of Alabama with bankruptcy services including Chapter 13. They can help you explore the requirements of bankruptcy to determine if Chapter 13 is right for you.
Chapter 13 Debt Consolidation is a reorganization of debt that can help you keep your valuable assets while gaining control of your debts. Chapter 13 provides a pathway to debt repayment for individuals who have regular income, but are unable to repay all of their debts. Chapter 13 Debt Consolidation gives you the opportunity to repay your debt either partially or in full over an approximate three to five year period.
Your financial situation will be analyzed and a feasible repayment plan will be established. In most cases, debtors only repay cents on the dollar of their unsecured debt. In some cases, debtors may not have to repay any of their unsecured debt. Chapter 13 Debt Consolidation generally allows you to keep your home and vehicle. Once a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petition is filed, an automatic stay provision comes into effect. The automatic stay will immediately stop lawsuits, garnishments, foreclosures and repossessions, even if these processes have already begun.
Once your Chapter 13 Debt Consolidation has been filed with your jurisdiction’s Bankruptcy Court, it will then be assigned to a Bankruptcy Trustee for administration. Approximately 30 days after your case is filed, you will be required to attend what is called a “341 Meeting of the Creditors”. Before the meeting, your bankruptcy attorney will help you prepare for the questions the Trustee may ask. The “341 Meeting of the Creditors” generally only takes five to fifteen minutes.
After completing the Chapter 13 Debt Consolidation, your case will end with a discharge of all debts that you are entitled to discharge. Once the debt is discharged, creditors are forever banned from any collection actions against you for that debt..
We can help you throughout the entire debt consolidation process. Regain your financial freedom. Contact us for your free consultation.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Is it Right for You?
Chapter 13 bankruptcy could be right for you. The bankruptcy attorneys at Brock & Stout can help guide you through Chapter 13. You may be a good candidate for Chapter 13 if you are able to say yes to one or more of the qualifications listed below.
- If you are behind on your mortgage.
- If you are behind on your car payment.
- If your home is in foreclosure or in jeopardy of foreclosure.
- If your vehicle is in jeopardy of repossession.
- If you are being sued.
- If your wages are being garnished.
- If you are being harassed by creditors.
- If you are unable to pay all of your debts but you want the opportunity to pay a portion of them back.
- If you are able to pay your debts but would like to make one monthly payment through the Chapter 13 repayment plan to organize your debt and become debt free within a reasonable amount of time.
- If you are having difficulty paying bills.
- If you are having trouble meeting your basic needs.