Nursing Home Neglect Attorneys
The Nursing Home Neglect Attorneys at Brock & Stout have compassion for what you and your loved ones may be going through. Nursing home abuse is unfortunately a common problem. When you entrust a nursing home to provide a healthy living environment for your loved ones, you expect only the best. Finding out a loved one has suffered neglect or abuse in a nursing home is devastating.
People rely on nursing homes to care for aging or disabled loved ones with respect and dignity, and without abuse and neglect. When nursing home facilities fail to take the steps to properly care for loved ones, or when elderly or disabled people are abused or neglected, the knowledgeable legal team at Brock & Stout can determine whether the nursing home should be held liable for their actions. We are here to help you get the justice you and your loved ones deserve.
Types of Nursing Abuse and Neglect
Nursing home neglect can happen in many ways, including physically, sexually, emotionally, and financially, as well as neglect and abandonment. When these types of abuse occur, nursing home facilities may be held liable for injuries such as:
- Negligence: Failure to provide basic needs such as food, medication, healthcare or adequate shelter. Negligent supervision leading to slip and fall and other accidents can also often be considered neglect.
- Physical Abuse: Actions that result in or the threat of unwarranted physical pain, or intentionally depriving people of their basic needs. Physical abuse can also include under-medication and over-medication.
- Emotional Abuse: Inflicting unwarranted distress, mental pain, or anxiety on an elderly or disabled person. This can happen both verbally and non-verbally.
- Sexual Abuse: Any act of non-consensual sexual contact or suggestion thereof.
- Exploitation /Financial Abuse: Illegally taking or misappropriating money, assets, or identity of a elderly or disabled person.
- Abandonment: Deserting an elderly or disabled person after assuming the responsibility for care of that person.
We Want to Help
The experienced Personal Injury Attorneys at Brock & Stout are familiar with Personal Injury Law. Personal Injury Law can vary from state to state, from county to county or even city to city. We have been handling Personal Injury cases in Alabama, Georgia and Florida for over 24 years. By contacting us immediately after your injury, our attorneys can advise and protect you from the insurance companies.
At Brock & Stout, we believe in two main principles: that every case is an important case and that every client deserves personal attention, compassion and an attorney who will fight for their rights. We understand that this can be a frustrating time for you. We also believe that it is important for us to be there for you even if it is just to talk. At Brock & Stout, we always work on a contingency basis. This means that we get paid when we get you a settlement offer. We don’t get paid unless you get paid, so it is in our best interest to look after YOUR best interest.
We care about our clients and their loved ones and want to help make life easier for everyone. Contact us today at (800) 884-9600 and let us provide you with a free consultation.