Personal Injury: Have You Been Hurt as a Result of a Slip and Fall?
According to data, slip & fall accidents account for more than 8 million hospital emergency room visits each year. That makes it the number one cause of emergency room visits. If you believe your slip and fall was the result of someone else’s negligence or malicious behavior, you may be able to receive compensation for your misfortunes. Some statistics on slip and fall accidents have been compiled below along with common questions and causes of injury:
Slip & Fall Statistics
- Slip and fall accidents are the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims in America.
- Fifty percent of all accidental home deaths are the result of slip and fall instances.
- For people between 65 and 85 years old, falls are the second biggest cause of injury-related death.
Questions Questions Regarding Slip and Fall Cases
Educate yourself by reviewing common questions about slip & fall cases.
- What compensation can I receive? Most slip and fall cases that result in workers’ compensation include payments for medical bills, wages lost, pain and suffering, and future medical expenses.
- When do I have to report an accident? Ideally, a slip and fall accident should be reported immediately after the accident occurs.
- How is fault assigned? The fault in a slip and fall case is assigned on a case-by-case basis, depending on what the injured party was doing when they fell, the circumstances of the physical environment, and the actions of the party responsible for the physical environment that resulted in the fall.
Slip & Fall Causes and Fault
- The most common cause is a slick floor. This is either due to a spill, a worn floor, or slippery or dangerous items left on the floor. If the owner of the property in which the fall occurred is responsible for the state of the floor, then that person is at fault for the fall.
- The property owner is also at fault if he or she was aware of the dangerous floor and neglected to do anything to prevent injuries.
Brock and Stout has a wealth of personal injury information that is available to help any person seeking assistance on slip and fall accidents or personal injury suits. Our Enterprise personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping you and your case! Call our office today at (334) 393-4357.